Notice of Holiday Closure
City of Tustin offices will be closed starting on Friday, December 22, 2023, through Monday, January 1, 2024. We will re-open on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. If you have a gas leak or other such emergency, please call 911. If you have an emergency repair, such as a water main break, please make the necessary repairs and obtain a permit on January 2, 2024.
Building Inspections will not be available during the closure. The first available date for scheduled inspections to be performed will be January 2, 2024.
Welcome to the Planning Division at the City of Tustin! We encourage you to use our virtual City Hall Planning services by emailing TustinPlanning@tustinca.org, or calling (714) 573-3140. We also welcome you to schedule an appointment to meet with us in person.
What is the Planning Division?
The Planning Division is a section of the Community Development Department that provides the Tustin community with comprehensive planning and development services.
Services we offer:
- Development Plan Reviews - Zoning information and development criteria for residential, commercial, and industrial remodels and additions and provide complimentary preliminary feedback
- Plans – Preliminary plan reviews to determine project’s compliance with the Tustin City Code
- Temporary Uses - Permits for special events and film permits
- Zoning Compatibility – Review business proposals to determine compliance with zoning; Review of new Business License applications.
The Tustin Planning Division Staff has expertise in zoning, development, historic preservation, grants, land use planning, and more. Contact Us at TustinPlanning@tustinca.org or by phone at (714) 573-3140.
- I would like to build on my property. How do I find out what I can build?
- What is the zoning for my property? Why is it important?
- I would like a letter to verify the zoning of my property. How do I get a Zoning Verification Letter from the City?
- I would like to build a fence or wall on my property. Do I need a permit from the City to do so?
- I would like to build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) and/or Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) to my property. How can I find out more about this and what I need to do?
- I would like to start a new business in Tustin. How do I find out if my business is allowed at a specific location within the City?
|Zoning Map: Access the City’s Zoning GIS Map for Zoning and Land Use here.|
|General Plan Map: Access the City’s General Plan Map for General Plan designations here. |
|Municipal Code: here |
|Entitlement Application Submittal: Once your application is completed and all items have been prepared for submittal to the City, please submit online at our Citizen Self Service Portal.|
If you have any questions prior to submitting to the City, please contact the Planning Division at TustinPlanning@tustinca.org.
|Current Projects: To see some of the Planning Division’s latest projects, click here.|
|ADU: Learn about the requirements for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (JADUs) here. |
|Streamline Tustin: To keep up-to-date with the City’s latest streamlining efforts, click here. |
|Engage Tustin Mobile App: Report non-emergency issues to the City, view the City’s calendar of events, sign up for City-sponsored classes and activities, pay a water bill, and more by clicking here!|