Barry W. Cooper
Council Member Barry W. Cooper was elected to the City Council in 2018. He represented the City of Tustin as a Director on the Orange County Mosquito & Vector Control District for two years and is an alternate on the Orange County Library Advisory Board.
Prior to being elected to the City Council, Council Member Cooper served as a Community Services Commissioner.
Council Member Cooper first came to Tustin in 1985 where he served in the United States Marines at the Tustin Marine base. He has been deployed to Japan, Korea, the Philippines, and Kuwait, and he is a proud Marine veteran. Cooper also served as a reservist in the United States Navy.
Council Member Cooper has mentored hundreds of children in Tustin over the years, teaching them about credit scores, small business, stocks, bonds and real estate investments. He is active in the community and is an avid volunteer.
- Tustin High School Football Booster President, 2014
- Big Brothers of Orange County
- Rolling Reader at Nelson School, 5 years
- Founder of Falcon Fathers at UTT Middle School
- Co-Founder, Save Our Sports (SOS) Program - Tustin Public Schools Foundation.
- Veterans Outpost Member Tustin – Exchange Club Member
- 2007 Volunteer of the Year – Tustin Public Schools Foundation
- Sports Coach for over 30 years (Tustin High School, UTT Middle School, Irvine Baseball, Tustin AYSO Soccer, Tustin Girls Softball, Tustin Pony Baseball, Junior College Special Teams Football Coach)
- Tustin Schools Campus Beautification Program – 9 summers
- Boy Scouts of America
Council Member Cooper is married and the proud father of four children, all graduates of Tustin High. He has one son currently serving in the United States Marine Corps as a Sergeant, following in his father’s footsteps.
Council Member Cooper is a Police Academy Graduate of Golden West College Police Academy (1989), and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business from Indiana University, Bloomington.