The City of Tustin understands that it is important for everyone to be able to get outside for exercise and fresh air, especially in these challenging times. The Tustin City Council has unanimously voted to relax restrictions of outdoor recreation activities in Tustin parks, which fall in line with recently updated State of California guidelines.
- All Tustin parks are open, but playgrounds, fitness areas, and picnic areas are closed and organized team sports are prohibited. Park patrons must remain more than six (6) feet apart at all times and may only gather with members of their own household.
- Planning for the modification of community events in June through August is currently underway to ensure compliance with all applicable State and County guidelines.
- The Tustin Area Senior Center is closed through the end of July but will continue offering food distributions through Meals on Wheels OC and Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Summer Day Camp childcare programs at Columbus Tustin Activity Center and the Tustin Family & Youth Center will be held June 1 – August 7.
- Programs and classes at City parks and facilities (such as contract classes, camps, and sports leagues) through the end of June have been cancelled or postponed to dates to be determined.
- The Summer Tustin Today, which is available digitally, will include classes conducted virtually or with social distancing starting in July.
- Private events at City facilities (such as parties, wedding receptions, and nonprofit events) through the end of June have been cancelled or postponed to dates to be determined.