Today, March 27, 2020 at 1:30 pm, the County of Orange will hold a press conference today to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic.
One item which will be addressed is the number of confirmed cases (city case data) for each city. Please take into account:
• City case data is reflective of where cases live; this does not necessarily reflect where transmission occurred.
• City numbers should not be interpreted to reflect where transmission is geographically focused or not, but COVID-19 is present in all communities in the county.
• Case counts are not reflective of all disease transmission in any given community because testing is prioritized for those at greatest risk or most sick; asymptomatic and persons with mild disease may not be reflected due to not being tested.
• Because transmission occurs throughout the county, it is important for all residents to practice social-distancing as directed by the Governor and the Orange County Health Officer regardless of case count in their city. Doing so will help to reduce the spread of infection, ease the burden on our hospital and healthcare system, and protect those most vulnerable in our county.
The Press Conference can be viewed at:
• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ocgov
• Twitter - https://twitter.com/OCGovCA
• Instagram – OCGov