Who do I call if I have a concern with a mobile home?

Office of the Mobilehome Assistance center

Please contact the Office of the Mobilehome Assistance Center (MAC) with the State of California. The MAC receives and processes complaints from the public and from public officials related to living in manufactured homes and mobile homes. They enforce the operation, installation, inspection, and maintenance or alteration of manufactured homes, mobile home accessory structures, and park grounds.

They can assist you with questions or complaints on many issues, such as:

  • Compensation for certain mobile home and manufactured home sales for warranty, fraud, and misrepresentations.
  • Manufactured home owner title, registration, fees, alteration, repair, and sales information.
  • Manufactured home unlawful or unfair sales practices by dealers or salespersons, some private parties, escrow companies, and unlicensed persons.
  • Mobile home park health and safety issues such as unsafe electrical, sewer, gas or water systems.
  • Mobile home Residency Law copies and information only on where to obtain assistance for lease, management, or rent disputes.
  • New manufactured home warranty, sales contract, and installation issues.

They cannot assist you with certain other issues, such as:

  • Enforcement of the Mobile Home Residency Law civil matters.
  • Rent or fee increases or disputes.
  • Unfair or illegal management practices by mobile home park management.
  • Used manufactured home and mobile home warranty claims, unless contractual.

Additional Information

If you need further assistance, please call 800-952-8356. Complaints can be filed online, or complaints can be mailed with the appropriate form to:

California Department of Housing and Community Development
PO Box 278690
Sacramento, CA 95827

Show All Answers

1. Sidewalk Vendors
2. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?
3. How can I dispose of large items (refrigerators, couches, beds, etc.)?
4. Where can I dispose of hazardous waste?
5. Can I keep a portable basketball hoop or other sporting equipment on the sidewalk or in the street?
6. What are the regulations on trash cans?
7. Who can I call regarding a barking dog?
8. I operate a business in the City of Tustin. Can I post a temporary banner in front of my business?
9. What are Tustin's noise regulations?
10. Where can I find information on water quality?
11. What can be done if a swimming pool is green?
12. Are vehicles parked on the public street, and not moved, considered abandoned vehicles?
13. Who do I call if I have a concern with a mobile home?
14. What are regulations for real estate signs?
15. What can be done when private property landscaping is extending onto another private property?
16. If live in North Tustin and have a zip code of 92705 whom do I call for Code Enforcement?
17. I have a concern, but I don't see it listed under the ordinances and codes listed here. Where else could I find additional information?