Vision, Mission & Values
The Tustin Police Department is committed to a policing model of Community Governance. To that end, the Mission is to work in partnership with other city departments, the residential and business community, and other governmental and non-profit agencies to reduce crime, provide a sense of safety and security and improve the quality of life for those who visit, live, and work in the City of Tustin.
It is our vision to make the City of Tustin and its neighborhoods the most livable and safest in the State of California by incorporating the components of Community Governance into our daily strategies and activities.
For the Tustin Police Department to maintain public trust, we must constantly demonstrate that our partnership with the community will be objective and securely rooted in consistently applied ethical principles. As an organization, our principal goals are the preservation and protection of human life, and propose to fairly and impartially carry out the Mission of the Department with P.R.I.D.E. These values encompass:
- Partnership - We take pride in developing relationships with the people we serve.
- Respect - We respect and value the dignity and worth of all persons, recognizing that diversity enriches our community.
- Innovation - We will remain an innovative and progressive organization through leadership, education and technology in partnership with the community we serve.
- Dedication - We hold an individual’s right to constitutional protection sacred and place the highest value on preserving life. We are accountable and responsive to the community that we serve.
- Excellence - We will strive for excellence through the effective and efficient use of resources, and promote teamwork and the empowerment of employees at all levels.