Street Maintenance

Beginning October 1, 2020, the City of Tustin will be enforcing parking restrictions on street sweeping days.  Please be sure to move vehicles off of the street during the street sweeping hours posted for your neighborhood.  


Street Maintenance is responsible for:

  • City-owned walls and fences 
  • Curbs and gutters
  • Maintenance and repair of streets
  • Potholes
  • The removal of graffiti on City-owned property
  • Sidewalks
  • Street sweeping
  • Streetlights
  • Traffic signage

Street Maintenance also maintains City-owned storm drain inlets.

Abandoned Shopping Carts

To report an abandoned shopping cart, call the California Shopping Carty Retrieval Corporation at (800) 252-4613. Please give street address or closest cross street/location and which store the cart belongs to if known.

Animal Control

To report a dead or loose and aggressive animal, please call Orange County Animal Care at 714-935-6848. Please give street address or closest cross street/location and animal type if known.


The City of Tustin is proud to have a Graffiti Removal Program. If you happen to see graffiti, please report it using the City’s Graffiti Hotline, 714-573-3111.

The majority of graffiti is marked by vandals, also know as taggers. Most are motivated by the need to be recognized. Removing graffiti immediately from the tagged site will let vandals know they are wasting their time and materials. 

Please help in keeping our community clean. Report graffiti as soon as it is spotted.


Street Maintenance is responsible for repairing potholes in City owned public streets. Private streets are typically maintained by the homeowner or through the Homeowners' Association. To report a pothole, call Field Services at 714-573-3350.

Sidewalks, Curbs & Gutters

To report any sidewalk, curb or gutter damage, call Field Services at 714-573-3350. Staff will investigate the damage to determine when repairs will be made.

Storm Drain Maintenance

Field Services is responsible for storm drain inlet and main line cleaning. If you notice an inlet is blocked, or storm water is not draining from a street, call 714-573-3350 to report flooded locations or problem areas. For after hours or weekends, call Police Dispatch at 714-573-3225.

Street Signs

Street Maintenance is responsible for replacing or repairing City street signs. To report a missing or damaged sign, call Field Services at 714-573-3350.

Street Sweeping

City streets are swept four times each month. The City maintains a regular Street Sweeping Schedule (PDF) so residents can plan accordingly.